|Name of Group / Ministry:||Called, Gifted & Sent Coordinator|
|Purpose of Ministry:||To oversee the Called, Gifted & Sent protocol in the parish. The purpose of this initiative is to ensure the safety of all vulnerable people to whom we minister, to safeguard our volunteers and our parish resources|
|Participant Group:||- Parish Volunteers|
|Activities and Responsibilities:||- To learn the diocesan policies and the procedures for screening volunteers, initiate the screening process as per the procedures manual.|
- Ensure that there is a locked file cabinet and that all documentation is placed in the volunteer’s file.
- With the ministry leaders, develop volunteer job descriptions.
- Determine the level of risk in each ministry and suggest ways of reducing them when feasible.
- Assigning trust levels to positions.
- Ensure that parish staff conduct and document interviews, follow up on references and police records check, and have volunteers fill out all required forms.
- Implement the ongoing screening measures and dismissal policies, provide support where needed.
- Address any problems that arise from evaluations and participant follow-ups.
- Attend all training sessions and workshops provided by the Diocese.
- Assist, as required, in keeping the policy/training manual updated.
|Skills and Qualifications:||- A practising Catholic and/or a parishioner.|
- Responsible, trustworthy, reliable and flexible.
- Skilled at organizing, interviewing and listening.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Work well within a team structure.
- Have some volunteer experience.
|Time Commitment:||Four hours per month|
|Duration:||Two years renewable|
|Orientation and Training:||The Human Resources office of the Diocese of London.|
|Support:||The Pastor and the Human Resources office provide ongoing support|
|Supervision:||The Called, Gifted & Sent Coordinator is responsible to the pastor or his delegate|
|Evaluation:||The pastor is responsible for evaluating the Called, Gifted & Sent Coordinator|
|Position Level:||High Risk|
|Screening Procedure:||- Receive a position description|
- Complete Section II Form E, and Section III Forms L, M and N
- Sign Oath of Confidentiality
- Receive Expectations and Guidelines for Volunteer Ministers
- Reference checks
- Police records check
- Orientation and training
- Supervisory checks and evaluations